Saturday, January 17, 2009

Introducing....Mon Cheri!

In an effort to create a sewing project that encompasses learning a little sewing, embroidery, applique, and adding buttons, Mon Cheri was created! (Tutorial to come soon...) I thought up Mon Cheri this week while contemplating beginner sewing projects for the children that I work with. Right now I'm helping with an enrichment sewing club for 3rd-5th graders in the after school program that I coordinate for at an elementary school in Tustin, CA. Out of my 100 students, 20 of them are participating in the "Stitch it Up" club with myself and one of my instructors. It's a lot to handle teaching 20 children to sew with only one other body, but we're having a blast! My instructor is catching the craft fever and my brain is constantly working overtime for this club.

...Anyways, back to Mon Cheri...the first of my Mon Softies (AKA Monster Softies)!
Name: Mon Cheri
AKA: Monster Cherry
AKA: My Sweetheart (in French ;-) )
Quote: Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Interests: Trying to scare at least a fly, but unsuccessful due to the nature of being totally cute!
Hopes and Dreams: That my maker will create my offspring from real wool felt since this crappy craft felt sucks!
Friends: Mon Laddie (introductions soon)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE mon cheri!
    you've been given the blogging friends award. :-)
    http://peachtreebliss.com/blog/?p=487

    ReplyDelete