Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Great Weekend....

I had a really productive weekend and that always makes this girl feel good!

First I did some relaxing Saturday morning and a little bit of laundry before heading to meet up with some crafty chicas also from Orange County...I hung with about 5 girls at the Gypsy Den in Santa Ana...(amazing food btw)...We talked craft geekiness for a couple of hours and had a blast. Knit With Love put the group meeting together and also attending was Craft Pig and Wet Paint. It was good to connect to some women with similar interests!

Next was movie night with the boyfriend...always quality time!!! I worked on and finished this cupcake hat on the knifty knitter...It was based on a picture of the Strawberry Sundae Delight that I saw on Ravelry.com ... I also added the heart shaped pom-pom; idea compliments of Zakka Life.












Then, this morning I called up my friend Pete and invited her over to bake and watch 27 dresses...We've had an awesome day cooking and baking since we decided to make 6 different things! That's right...a little overboard but fun nonetheless!

We made:
1. Cream cheese pinwheels to snack on whilest baking/cooking...
an appetizer my mom taught me to make:
mix one 16 oz. cream cheese with
one small can chopped olives (which we forgot) and
one small can chopped green onions
spread on tortillas
add a couple slices of ham
roll tortillas up (we used sun dried tomato tortillas) and
cut into small "pinwheels"
serve with salsa (we used mango peach salsa)
2. Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs in the slow cooker...
3. Brownies but in a silicone Lego shaped baking form














4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies (which were really the reason for the baking festivities in the first place)
5. Oreo Truffles in heart shaped ice cube trays!
(these are better when dipped in regular melted chocolate - not the baker's chocolate!...and easy to dip when rolled in balls and refrigerated for 30-60min. before dipping...fyi)
6. and Mimi's Buttermilk Spice Muffins again!

Success all around...made new friends, quality time with bf, finished a hat, had a girlie day, cooked/baked 6 things and watched a movie!!!

3 comments:

  1. hahah that nifty knitter makes me laugh!!! Especially since it makes hats just as well as I can knit them.... with 1/2 the work... aarrrggghhh!!! the cupcake hat turned out super cute!! I wasn't quite sure what it was going to look like but its so fun! Did you see the cupcake that "Wet Paint" painted?? Anyways I had a total blast at the Gypsy Den!! And YES the food is freaking amazing! your french toast was sinful! Hope to see you next meeting (yes I know as long as its not the 6th)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...Sweets!!!!!!! Did you put these up to make me drool and crave? Did you eat them with vanilla or snickers ice-cream? Shoot, I want some :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you finished that hat FAST...proving the nifty knitter rules.

    Craft group was fun...see you next time!

    ReplyDelete