Monday, August 2, 2010

My new craft!

Through the last 6 or 7 years I have developed a severe case of crafter's ADD! I love learning new things and always finding a creative outlet to express myself through. Well, I've done it again! When I was in Florida for two weeks in June, I found a small store in downtown Cocoa called the "Knit & Stitch." As I entered the store, I fell in love with the colorful skeins of yarn and beautiful varying hues of embroidery thread. I got to talking with one of the store workers who was teaching knitting at the time, and she started to show me some needle felt projects of hers. Later that week I was back at the "Knit & Stitch" for a needle felting lesson. I am loving the endless possibilities that needle felting provides. For those of you who don't know what it is, needle felting involves poking wool (very often hand dyed) into wool fabric. I have experimented with needle felting on wool pieces and also on pieces of felted wool sweater/kilts. Here are some of my first pieces that I've listed and/or sold in my Etsy shop.










www.auntieemswicked.etsy.com



3 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete