Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gifts from Christmas last...

Since I hadn't entered the blog world by last Christmas, I thought I'd take a couple minutes to share some of the handmade gifts I made this last year...I try to put a lot of effort in my gift decisions and these were the gifts that made the most sense to make last year:

The "She's Crafty" apron for sister-n-law, LindaLu...also embellished with Urban Threads' "Craft Ninja:"

The Zombie sock monkey emerging from the wrapping, for roommate, JJ. Equipped with stump and chewing on brains:

The Punk Rock sock monkey for my friend, Pete . Punk Rock sock monkey was made with a felt mohawk, star butt, and pipe cleaner tail for bendy action!
The Camp Fire USA wall hanging for my boss, Michelle, using Sublime Stitching camp patterns:

The pillowcase for my mom and her new husband, also made with Sublime Stitching patterns:

Here's the t-shirt tote bag that I made when I got back from the Swap-o-rama-rama in LA in November. It says "Let's Hug it Out Bitch." I gave it to my friend, Suzanne, for Christmas (Thanks for the sexy modeling SuzieQ!!!):

And, last but not least...my roommate, JJ, works for Blizzard and had to come up with a hand crafted Christmas decoration with a Blizzard theme. So, with his help, I made a Blizzard stocking made out of a Diablo shirt. I hand embroidered Blizzard in the most God forsaken metallic craft thread ever made!!! That stuff was awful to work with...but alas...we won the contest:

This year's Christmas crafting is already simmering in my brain...so more to come in the future!

2 comments: